Monday, September 1, 2008

Once Upon a Time ...

There was a very boring textbook, one that a certain new Ph.D. student has to read for class.

So in an effort not to fall asleep every time I open the book, I created something bright, colorful and interesting to liven up said deadly text!



This is Rakle Festfin - I thought she would make a sweet bookmark. I colored her with Copic markers and layered her on a piece of white card stock that I repeatedly stamped with a literary quote (Crafty Secrets).



Once I did that, I outlined her with one of the markers. That entire piece is layered on a piece of Tangerine Tango card stock (Stampin' Up!).

The "Once Upon a Time" sentiment is also from Crafty Secrets, and that was punched out with a SU! circle punch, and layered on a larger tangerine circle. The entire bookmark was placed in a vinyl sleeve (http://www.vikwing.com/) and embellished with several pieces of ribbon.


I'll let you know if Rakle keeps me awake! :D

Enjoy the day!

Nicole