Thursday, July 3, 2008

Krilla Does the 4th of July!

Now just because Krilla is originally from Norway doesn't mean she doesn't celebrate the 4th of July!

This is Krilla Linedance - how fabulous is she?! I love that she has a real body shape, know what I mean?! :D

Krilla Linedance is a new ScrapMagasinet release - click {
HERE} to go directly to the Lisbet's online store.

The entire card is 3 1/2" x 6 1/2". I wanted to make a slightly taller card because the image is fairly large. I really like this narrow rectangular size for a card.

I colored Krilla in with Copic markers and Spica glitter pens. All card stock is Stampin' Up!, the ribbon is from Ribbon, Bows Oh My!, the rhinestones are from A Muse, and the sentiment was spelled out with Karen Foster snap stamps.

Now, let's talk about the backgrounds ...
The real red base layer was run through the cuttlebug in an embossing folder (Dots and Circles, I think ...), and the brilliant blue layer was stamped with SU!'s Paisley background stamp (with matching ink). The white sentiment tag was also cut out with the cuttlebug (this time with a steel die).

Two close up shots ...

Can you see Krilla's glittered gold belt and glittery cowgirl hat?
And with this second picture, you can see the backgrounds and the sentiment a little more clearly.



Happy 4th of July!!

2 comments:

Lisbet said...

God morning Nicole. You made me smile over my cofee. What a great start of the day. Of course Krilla celebrate 4th of July. I think there is a fifth cousin of an aunt somewhere ;)

Have a great day!

Lenes stempelkrok said...

Lovely design!Wonderful colors!